The mission of the OVEC District Services Support team is to provide quality services to meet the individual needs in our districts to improve student achievement. ECS and District Services Support have a shared vision with a common focus and message. This is carried out through an integrated approach to service delivery with a purposeful attention to serving ALL students regardless of their classification.
The regional network structure at OVEC is critical to the systematic approach for communicating information and networking for learning. The networks allow OVEC to provide targeted services that meet the varying roles of individuals in school districts and support a focus on student achievement.
- Facilitate Network Groups
- Collaborate with PEBC to provide Thinking Strategies Institutes
- Assessment data analysis and support
- Cognitive Coaching and Adaptive Schools Training
- Responsive to individual district requests
- Review School and District Improvement Plans
- Content Literacy Strategies
- Support for districts on "future ready skills"
- PGES Support
- Hi-Q Math Projects (MSP Grants)
- Support for Strategic Planning
- Digital Learning and Innovation training and support
- "Personalized Learning" focus for professional development (PBL, SBG, Blended Learning)
- Assist universities with Co Teaching
- Conduct Educator Recruitment Fairs
- Continue work with the U of L initiatives
- English Learner Workgroup