Danny Osborne comes to Carrol County from the Kentucky Department of Education, where he has served as an education recovery leader sincer 2012. He has worked in several capacities during his 18 years in public education:
* Education Recover Leader, Kentucky Department of Education: 2012-Present
* Director of Instructional Support Services, Owen County Schools: 2012
* Principal, Owen County High School, Owen County Schools: 2010-2012
* Principal, Virgie Middle School, Pike County Schools: 2004-2010
* Special Education Teacher, Pike County Schools: 2000-2004
Osborne is a 1999 graduate of Pikeville College, where he majored in education. He has been married to his wife, Chrystal, for 22 years. His son, Dylan, will be a sophomore at the University of Pikeville this fall, and his daughter, Madie, will begin her sophomore year at Carroll County High School in August.
"I can't wait to get started," Osborne said. "Being superintendent is about trust, and trust comes from personal relationships. I look forward to getting to know everyone, and I am excited to start building those relationships with students, staff and community members."
"I plan on being around the district and the community as much as I can between now and July 1," Osborne said. "The district is going in such a positive direction, and I am looking forward to building on that foundation."
"We are thrilled to be moving to Carroll County," Osborne said. "I had a great meal at Welch's last week, and I look forward to exploring all the other great things the county has to offer. If you see me or my family around, please don't be a stranger."