Exceptional Children Services (ECS) and District Services Support share a vision with a common focus and message. This common focus uses an integrated approach to service delivery with purposeful attention to serving ALL students regardless of their classification. OVEC’s ECS program strives to provide effective leadership and deliver specialized training and supports in partnership with the Kentucky Department of Education, local school districts, institutes of higher education, and other service providers.
ECS works closely with KDE and the OVEC districts to support their efforts to enhance achievement for ALL students. In addition, ECS consultants provide technical assistance to our districts regarding meeting the federal and state regulatory requirements for serving students with disabilities.
Some of the areas ECS provides training, coaching, and support to our districts include:
- Academics (literacy and mathematics, evidence-based strategies, Response to Intervention)
- Behavior (school-wide positive behavior supports, classroom behavior management, Response to Intervention)
- Low Incidence Disabilities (moderate-severe)
- Individual Education Program (IEP)
- Post-Secondary Transition for students with disabilities
- Co-Teaching strategies
- Progress monitoring and data collection